Terms of service – Credit intermediation
- General provisions
- These terms of service (the Terms) apply when Montonio Finance OÜ, reg no 14557628, Staapli 12-13, Tallinn Estonia (Montonio) provides its credit intermediation services.
- The Terms are available on the Platform and on the website of Montonio.
- Montonio has the unilateral right to amend the Terms or cease providing the services.
- Use of the Platform
- Montonio shall provide you with the possibility to obtain and compare credit offers for the financing of the product (the Product) offered or sold by a store (the Merchant) by multiple creditors (the Partner Creditors) and to enter into a credit agreement (the Credit Agreement). While using the Montonio Split product you will receive credit offers only from TF Bank AB (Publ.) Estonian branch.
- Montonio is an intermediary to the Partner Creditors listed here. However, we cannot guarantee that you are able to obtain credit offers from all the Partner Creditors at all times.
- By using the Platform, you agree to provide the data required. you confirm that all the data you provide when using the services and when accessing the Platform:
- is true, accurate, complete and not misleading;
- does not violate the rights of Montonio or any other third parties;
- does not violate any legal acts.
- When accessing the Platform, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and able to enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law or jurisdiction where you live and that you are familiar with the Terms and understand their contents.
- You shall not use the services for the purpose of concluding the Credit Agreements on someone else’s name or committing illegal acts or transactions.
- Montonio has the unilateral right to block access to the Platform if you do not comply with the Terms.
- Credit application, identification information and assessment of the creditworthiness
- Legal acts require Montonio and the Partner Creditors to obtain, verify, and record identifying information about all their customers. For this purpose, Montonio may require you to supply personal identification information and consult other sources to obtain information about you on behalf of the Partner Creditors. Montonio may also use the services of a third party for the verification process.
- The Partner Creditor will evaluate your creditworthiness based on your credit application and Partner Creditor’s internal and external databases and shall decide on providing you financing (the Credit Decision).
- Montonio may ask you to provide additional data if the data provided in the credit application is not sufficient for a conclusive Credit Decision.
- When using the Platform, you must declare whether you are a politically exposed person, their family member or a person known to be a close associate of a politically exposed person. Politically exposed person means a natural person who is or who has been entrusted with prominent public functions including a head of State, head of government, minister and deputy or assistant minister; a member of parliament or of a similar legislative body, a member of a governing body of a political party, a member of a supreme court, a member of a court of auditors or of the board of a central bank; an ambassador, a chargé d’affaires and a high-ranking officer in the armed forces; a member of an administrative, management or supervisory body of a State-owned enterprise; a director, deputy director and member of the board or equivalent function of an international organisation, except middle-ranking or more junior officials. Family member means the spouse, or a person considered to be equivalent to a spouse, of a politically exposed person; a child and their spouse, or a person considered to be equivalent to a spouse, of a politically exposed person; a parent of a politically exposed person. Person known to be close associate means a natural person who is known to be the beneficial owner or to have joint beneficial ownership of a legal person or a legal arrangement, or any other close business relations, with a politically exposed person; and a natural person who has sole beneficial ownership of a legal entity or legal arrangement which is known to have been set up for the de facto benefit of a politically exposed person.
- Comparison of the Credit Decisions
- The Platform will list Credit Decisions with the related documentation. The positive Credit Decision shall be considered a binding offer by the Partner Creditor to enter into a Credit Agreement.
- Credit Agreement, related documents and information are prepared and provided to you by the Partner Creditors. You should carefully read all of them and make sure that the Credit Decisions are appropriate for your needs and financial situation. You can always contact the Partner Creditor directly in case information provided to you is not clear, and you need any further information.
- Entering into a Credit Agreement and transfer of the credit amount
- You can enter into a Credit Agreement with the chosen Partner Creditor by using a signing method available on the Platform.
- The Credit Agreement is considered executed at the moment you have signed the Credit Agreement. You can download the Credit Agreement with the related documents from the Platform. A copy of the signed Credit Agreement with the related documents will be automatically sent to your e-mail address.
- In case you enter into a Credit Agreement with the chosen Partner Creditor the rest of the Credit Decisions shall be considered withdrawn.
- You agree, that the credit amount payable under the Credit Agreement will be used for the financing of the Product and you will not receive the credit amount personally. The credit amount will be paid to Montonio who will transfer it to the Merchant. The credit amount shall be deemed issued at the moment it has been transferred to the Merchant by Montonio.
- The respective credit amount does not belong to the bankruptcy estate of Montonio. A claim for payment cannot be made for the credit amount in the enforcement proceedings against Montonio. You with the Merchant and the Partner Creditor will retain the right to have the credit amount transferred to the Merchant.
- Delivery of the Product and repayments
- Montonio will notify the Merchant of successful financing as soon as you have entered into the Credit Agreement. The Merchant has the obligation to deliver you the Product when you have entered into the Credit Agreement within the timeframe as set in their terms of sales.
- The repayments collected under the Credit Agreement shall be paid exclusively to the Partner Creditor. In any circumstances, Montonio and the Merchant shall not collect any repayments paid under the Credit Agreement.
- If you wish to return the Product ordered online, the costs related to returning the Product shall be carried by you, unless agreed otherwise with the Merchant.
- Montonio shall not charge any fees for the provision of the services. Any intermediation fees shall be paid to Montonio by the Partner Creditors.
- Limitation of the liability
- Montonio shall not be liable for any financial or other decisions made by you or for the Product that you choose to buy from the Merchant.
- Montonio shall not guarantee a positive Credit Decision to you and shall not be obliged to indemnify you for any resulting losses.
- Complaint handling
- You may contact us if you have any questions about our services or if you wish to file a complaint on the dissatisfaction with the services via e-mail, orally or in writing. Please describe the details of the complaint as thoroughly as possible and please provides any related documentation.
- Contact details: Montonio Finance OÜ Staapli 12-13, Tallinn, Estonia 10145 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Montonio will review the complaint as quickly as possible. We will notify you if we anticipate a delay in the review process.
- Regardless of whether you submit the complaint or the outcome of the complaint procedure, you may contact the competent supervisory authorities for the protection of Your rights.
Contact details for the dispute resolution institutions
Tarbijakaitse ja Tehnilise Järelevalve Amet
Sõle 23a, Tallinn, Estonia
Or you can turn to the court of your residence
Lubja 4, Tallinn, Estonia
Contact details of the supervisory authority